Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 2

Boy, we had a busy day today!! Hudson has been such a perfect angel, as we've done more in the past two days since bringing him home than I ever thought we'd do.

Our morning started...well, it depends how you look at it. We had a really big time awake between 3 and 4, but we got up officially when Chris got home around 7. I was making breakfast, and Hudson was excited to get around the house. He still hasn't ventured the whole way through yet. That's probably a good thing.

After breakfast, we all went to sleep. I got up after 11 and Hudson was still sleeping (beyond 3 hours! I don't know how he held his little bladder so long!). He got up shortly after and we went out.

My mom came by around lunchtime, bearing lunch for Chris and I and toys for Hudson. He really liked them! Especially the "tire" with rope knots on each side. He chewed on it for a looooonng time, just what his puppy teeth needed!

At two, we headed out, taking Hudson with us. We had a few errands to run, and we thought it would be best if we didn't leave him at home. We went to the local market in Thomasville, where Hudson and I walked all around until he got much too toasty. We then hopped in the car and cranked up the AC. He sat calmly in my lap until he cooled down and Chris returned with a bottle of water. We found out that he can, in fact, drink from a water bottle. He really liked the cool water.

When we left, we made a stop at Petco to get a color that fit a little better. It's leather. YAY! We got all kinds of attention from employees and customers alike.

After that, we went to Chris's grandparents' house to show him off. His Grandma loved him. Pap was shocked at how little energy a puppy could have. (He was pretty pooped after all the activity.)

When we finally got home, he didn't eat much, but he had some food and went back for another nap (despite a lot of sleep in the car). Some more friends stopped in and they tired him out.

He's sleeping right now in his crate.

PHEW! What a day. I'm beat. I can't imagine how much little Hudson's brain had to process. He's done such a good job. He's going potty outside almost flawlessly. Most of his accidents are because we don't react enough. It's another train the human situation - just like Cesar Milan would say. Don't worry, everyone in the house will get the hang of it soon!

Well, I'm off to straighten up before Hudson wakes up to have another fun time before my bedtime. It approaches quickly!

More to come!

1 comment:

  1. I love Hudson!!!!! I love his name, and he's sooooooooo cute!!!!! I also love this blog - great fun!!!

    Yay - I'm an aunt again! :o)

    ReplyDelete